Single-Use System for Stone Removal Eliminates Maintenance, Reprocessing and Sterilization
The LithoVue System is designed to deliver high-quality digital visualization and seamless navigation for consistent clinical performance during each patient procedure. Unlike reusable ureteroscopes, the LithoVue System can overcome the common challenges of unpredictable scope repairs and maintenance, reprocessing, sterilization and degradation of scope performance over time. The LithoVue System eliminates many of the inefficiencies and financial costs of ownership for reusable ureteroscopes, such as:
- On average, new digital flexible ureteroscopes require require repair after an average of fewer than 12 uses and cost more than $6,000 per repair.1,2
- Procedural delays are often due to reprocessing and repairs, and on average cost $830 per delay. 3-6
- Hospitals can eliminate many of the steps required to use, maintain and handle a reusable ureteroscope. 7
The LithoVue System features:
- High Resolution Images: A digital CMOS imager in the 7.7 Fr tip, with a working distance of 2mm–50mm offers a deep field of view, produces superb quality images across a comparable depth of field to current reusable digital scopes.8
- Seamless navigation: Full 270˚ scope deflection in both directions provides accurate navigation toward the targeted treatment area.
- All-in-one solution: The LithoVue Workstation Monitor with integrated image processing software is mounted on a compact, rolling mobile cart that can be used alone during a ureteroscopic procedure or connected to existing monitors and integrated video systems in the operating room suite.
1. Shah K, Monga M, Knudsen B. Prospective randomized trial comparing 2 flexible digital ureteroscopes: ACMI/Olympus Invisio DUR-D and Olympus URF-V. Urology. 2015 Jun;85(6):1267-71.
2. Knudsen BE, Ferraro M. Digital video flexible ureteroscopy: GyrusACMI/Olympus Invisio®DUR®-D twelve month failure and repair experience. NCS 2009.
3. Macario A. Editorial. What does one minute of operating room time cost? J Clin Anesth. 2010 Jun;22(4):233-6.
4. United States Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consumer Price Index. Medical Care Services. June 30, 2015.
5. Hession SM. Endoscope disinfection by orthophthalaldehyde in a clinical setting: An evaluation of reprocessing time and costs compared with glutaraldehyde. Gastroenterol Nurs. 2003 May-Jun;26(3):110-4.
6. C Ofstead et al. Endoscope reprocessing methods. A prospective study on the impact of human factors and automation. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates. 33: 303-311, 2010.
7. Value Vantage. Day-in-the-Life Research, May 2014.
8. Eisner B et al. Evaluating the image quality of a novel single-use digital flexible ureteroscope. J Endourol. 2015;29(1):A348.
Caution: Federal (U.S.) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Refer to package insert provided with this product for complete Indications for Use, Contraindications, Warnings, Precautions, Adverse Events, and Instructions prior to using these products.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
©2016 Boston Scientific Corporation or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
URO-396007-AA JUN 2016